Thursday, August 22, 2013

Origins 'Clear Improvement' Activated Charcoal Mask



WHAT IS IT? Face mask with activated charcoal to remove impurities from your pores. 
  • Contains NO: parabens, sulfates, fragrance, synthetic dye, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan 
COST: $16 for 1.7oz

Okay, this stuff looks like shit. It goes on sort of slimy, but I love how thin it is. A little bit goes a LONG way, which makes me feel better about the cost per use. 

I like using masks when I get back from the gym or hot yoga - while I'm still hot and sweaty and my pores are open! Took ~8 minutes to dry, but I left it on for 15 minutes, just for good measure. Felt a little tingly. 

I hopped in the shower to rinse it off - it gets pretty slimy again when you get it wet, definitely don't recommend trying to take it off with a washcloth. Noticed my skin felt clean and fresh, so I didn't follow up with any face wash. 

AFTERWARDS: I glow. I am literally glowing. My skin looks clear, and feels amazing! Even my large crater-pores are empty and even. No redness, and the fierce blemish hiding in my hairline has calmed down (at least for now). My skin isn't dry or tight, just...radiant and smooth! A few stubborn blackheads remain, but there are definitely fewer! 

I think next time, I'll leave it on even longer. There will definitely be a next time. Might even try it on my boyfriend's nose... Who nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment