Don't mind my Spiderman glass. Have you heard of these little guys? If you haven't, listen up!
- Chia seeds are a great source of fiber. The ADA recommends 20-35g of fiber/day, but the average American only gets 12-15g! A single serving of chia seeds (1 tbsp) provides 42% of your daily fiber intake. If you count your macros, adding chia seeds is a great way to make sure you're hitting them!
- Chia seeds can also make you feel fuller faster, because although they're little seeds, they absorb up to 10x their weight in water and expand. I love sprinkling chia seeds on meal replacement smoothies or yogurt to make meals on the go more satisfying. Feeling fuller faster for longer = eating less & no impulse snacking!
- Chia seeds have a TON of omega-3 fatty acids - they're the most concentrated plant source you can consume. Chia seeds have even more omega-3s than salmon, ounce for ounce! Omega-3's protect against arthritis and heart disease, help cell regeneration, and contribute to having healthy hair, skin and nails.
Banana Peanut Butter Post-Workout Shake with Chia Seeds:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp PB2
- handful ice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend everything but the chia seeds
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle chia seeds on top
- Delicious! Tastes like dessert.